Sometimes you are so close to your own marketing that you can’t see the forest from the trees (that may be the first time I’ve used that phrase and it actually makes sense). Here are some 10 tips to help aid your online and digital conversions. Remember, the key is optimization – aim to continuously optimize all aspects of your digital marketing. Build a framework for your testing methodology to ensure a consistent process, then find what’s working and shift things around. Ready for 10 tangible tips? Scroll down…
- Focus on the benefit – emotion makes people pull the trigger. How can you humanize your message and tell a story?
- Clarity – First impressions need to be clear. Make sure your headlines are defined and speaking clearly.
- Clear call-to-action – This needs to be easy and appealing, don’t have too many choices. Keep things simple man!
- Avoid conversion killers – Topics like anxiety, distractions, movement, clutter are more harmful than good.
- Perceived relevance – Remember perception is reality! Stay relevant, stay classy.
- Sense of urgency – Be sure to provide a sense of urgency to whatever you are communicating. Think “why would someone act or click?”
- Credibility – Display your awards, testimonials, facts and figures to build legitimacy and strength for your brand.
- Content is KING – Make your page as long as necessary. Keep everything on your landing page that needs to be (don’t kill the good stuff). And yes, remind people of your benefit.
- Be concise – Display everything they need, but nothing more. AKA don’t be super salesy.
- Conversion triggers – Use these strong call-to-actions; free, new, buy now, click here, limited offer, read more!
Optimize. Rinse. Repeat.