Today’s consumers are inundated round the clock with literally thousands of competing marketing messages from a multitude of channels and sources. According to a study by Yankelovich Consumer Research, we have gone from being exposed to approximately 500 ads a day back in the 1970s, to as many as 5,000 a day today.
Oversaturated doesn’t even begin to cover it!
Breaking through the clutter of that noisy marketplace is not easy. Here are several tips that we employ at Avocet that make rising above it all and being heard much easier:
- Know your competition: We do competitive analyses for all of our clients at Avocet Communications. What are competition’s marketing strategies? What’s working? What’s not? What can you learn from this information and how can you do things a bit differently? You do NOT want to get caught looking like or sounding like your competition, but a deep understanding of their positioning is key.
- Promote engagement: Create experiences, and encourage connection and interaction with your customers. This means out-of-the-box thinking. But, it also means developing creative strategies that are grounded in a deep understanding of your customer base: how they are, what they care about, how they connect, and what they need.
- Look past the product: If you’re pushing your product 100% of the time you will alienate your customers. Create content that has value, and is more than just a sales pitch.
- Get people talking: “Sticky” content is the name of game. If you want to be heard above the din, you have to get people talking. Be funny, be daring, be outrageous…be memorable!
- Make your content appealing: Your content has to be relatable and be something people want to share. Appeal to emotions. Share real world examples.
- Inspire people to act: Always include a compelling call-to-action in your content.
- Be everywhere: Use every medium available to you. Remember that each channel requires a different message and a different way of sharing it.
If you are ready to BE HEARD and to BREAK THROUGH THE NOISE, give the team at Avocet a call today!